UNITED FOR AFRICA is a group of aid and development organizations united in working toward better living conditions in the countries of Africa. We bundle our efforts, in order to convey to the German public a realistic picture of the African continent – including its potentials and strengths. The alliance creates greater public awareness about global interrelations and the necessity of putting an end to poverty. The campaign’s patron is Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
Our work is based on three pillars: PROJECTS, ACTIONS, EDUCATION
PROJECTS – Concrete local assistance
The diversity of organizations in our alliance is refl ected in the many different kinds of work we do locally. In hundreds of projects, day-by-day, we focus on concrete support to women, men and children living in poverty and need. Our aim is to enable people to exit poverty and lead independent lives, and to help generate sustainable perspectives for the future.
Together with local partners, we
- cultivate better educational opportunities
- secure clean drinking water and improve nutritional security
- boost basic medical care
- provide emergency assistance to refugees.
ACTIONS – Presence and Attention
From our annual street protest on Africa day, to charity concerts and project visits with infl uencers – with actions, events, press contacts and our social media channels, we are present in the public eye. In this way, we contribute in Germany to critical analysis of the situation of people in African countries.
- to point out global interrelations,
- to inform about political and social grievances,
- to enlighten and activate people in Germany.
EDUCATION – Afica in schools
In our work on education in Germany, we encourage teachers and multipliers to clarify global interrelations and to convey a diferentiated picture of the African continent. We offer
numerous free educational tools:
- booklets on current subjects, in print and digital form
- learning kits with material and games for designing interactive coursework
- speakers and experts on important current themes and issues
- support during project weeks and school actions
SUPPORT – Each contribution creates perspectives
make it possible for five persons to attend a literacy course.
are enough to provide 100 people with clean drinking water for a month.
are sufficient for a child to get lodging, food, medicinal and psychological help in a school center.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR DONATION
GEMEINSAM FÜR AFRIKA
Bank für Sozialwirtschaft
IBAN: DE83 3702 0500 0001 2738 00